Child Care Subsidy

Child Care Subsidy is a program that assists you with the cost of child care of a child 0 - 9 years of age who resides with you (if you are the parent, foster parent or legal guardian). If you live in Toronto, it may be extended to children up to 12 years of age upon over-age approval from Toronto Children's Services; if you live elsewhere check with your municipality. Subsidy is available for licensed group daycare and licensed home care centres.

For details or to request an application package, call 416-392-5437 or visit Metro Children's Services if you live in Toronto. Otherwise, contact one of the other District Telephone Numbers:

Durham Region: 905-721-6140
Peel Region: 905-791-1585
York Region: 905-830-9487

For further details on childcare subsidies read our Child Care Subsidy & Benefits Tip Sheet.

Government Benefits & Tax Credits

For an up-to-date information on Government benefits and tax credits, visit our Benefit, Tax Credits & Deductions tipsheet.

Canada Education Savings Grant

To help you save for a child's post-secondary education, the Government of Canada will make contributions to your Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) in the form of the Canada Education Savings Grant. Canada Education Savings Grant is a financial incentive for parents, family and friends to save for a child's education after high school. The grant is paid directly into the child's RESP. To date, over two million children have benefited from Canada Education Savings Grants.

Registered Education Savings Plan

A Registered Education Savings Plan is a special savings plan that can help you, your family, or your friends save for education after high school. RESPs are registered by the Government of Canada to allow savings for education to grow tax-free until the person named in the RESP enrolls in education after high school